Rachel Ritchie is a Boston native who loves a good road trip, takes a plunge in the Pacific whenever she can, and prefers her hiking boots good and dirty. Marty Patail grew up in the German Alps, where traffic routinely stopped for cows crossing the road—an avid traveler, he is ever in search of good food, out-of-the-way stays, and warm weather. Join them as they deliver travel news, tips, and itineraries from around the region and beyond, helping you get inspired to get away. Email Rachel / Email Marty
Sign up for Portland Monthly's biweekly Tripster newsletter to get the latest travel news, inspiration, and deals.
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? 5 Reasons to Make the Drive to Bumbershoot
- A Brief History of the PDX Airport Carpet
- Get Outside and Eat Before Summer's End
- Should We Ban Smoking on Oregon's Beaches?
- The 5 Most Haunted Destinations in Oregon
- Portland's 10 Best Airbnb Rentals
- Gordon Ramsay’s 'Hotel Hell' Filming in Southern Oregon