Associate editor Marty Patail grew up in the German Alps, in a town where traffic routinely stopped for cows crossing the road. He lived in upstate New York and Los Angeles before finding his home in Portland. Ever in search of new experiences (and warm weather), this year he’s logged over 16,000 miles between PDX and Munich, San Diego, and Kansas City, with another 19,000 booked to Las Vegas, LA, Maui, and Geneva, Switzerland (and possibly Seattle, to watch the Timbers put a beatdown on the Sounders). He owns a trusty red pickup truck for trips closer to home. Email the editor.
Follow @martypatail for the latest travel news, tips, and happenings.
Sign up for the biweekly Tripster newsletter to get the latest travel news and deals.
- Gordon Ramsay’s 'Hotel Hell' Filming in Southern Oregon
- Best Restaurants 2012
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Inside Andy Ricker's Noodle House Sen Yai
- Feast Portland's 2013 Official Lineup Revealed
- 2013's New Brunch Players
- 20 Spots That Defined the Year in Food
- New Outdoors Website Declares War on Guidebooks