- Advertisement -
Slide Show: Inside Garden Bar, Now Tossing in the Pearl
Posted Feb 13, 2014, 4:00pm
Christopher Handford and Ana Chaud want you to eat more vegetables. Their new salad-centric venture, Garden Bar, is Portland's first restaurant fully dedicated to made-to-order salads of all kinds, boasting six kinds of greens, unlimited add-ins (many locally sourced) from roasted chickpeas and brussels sprouts to soba noodles and dried cherries at no additional cost, affordable protein sides (like $1 tempeh or smoked turkey breast and $3 roasted steak with chimichurri), plus a rainbow of vinaigrette and house dressing options that put the Whole Foods salad bar to shame. Hanford, the culinary power behind Davis Street Tavern and Jamison, teamed up with Chaud, a local fitness instructor with a passion for health and small businesses, to open the "fast casual" restaurant with the aim of offering an alternative to traditional salad bars that can leave hungry lunchers wondering if those heavy artichoke hearts and hard boiled eggs will send their midday meal into budget-busting territory. Garden Bar salads start with a $7 base of greens, and veggie lovers can add as many basic mix-ins as their hungry hearts desire (see our slide show for a full list of ingredients).
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Hotel from Twin Peaks Is Offering a Package for Superfans
- Advertisement -