Slide Show: Far-Flung Plates at the Lostine Tavern
The Lostine Tavern (read our full Q & A) is a little bit outside of Portland Monthly’s usual orbit—by roughly 300 miles. But if you’ve ever stopped for a bite in Eastern Oregon, you’ll know that good food is scarcer than a Prius with Obama-Beiden bumper stickers in the mountain towns that surround the Alp-like Wallowa range. The Tavern, Eastern Oregon’s first farm-to-table (but not fancy!) restaurant, is the exception: some of the best locally sourced, hand-made food for a hundred miles in any direction.
- The Latest in Portland Arts News—Anthony Bourdain is Portland-Bound!
- Wake Up to Portland's Best Breakfast Sandwiches
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- 5 Reasons to Look Forward to Portland's Newest Sundae Shop
- Big Money Moments in Portland Real Estate
- Barbecue Deluxe at Smokehouse Tavern
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts