Slide Show: Far-Flung Plates at the Lostine Tavern
The Lostine Tavern (read our full Q & A) is a little bit outside of Portland Monthly’s usual orbit—by roughly 300 miles. But if you’ve ever stopped for a bite in Eastern Oregon, you’ll know that good food is scarcer than a Prius with Obama-Beiden bumper stickers in the mountain towns that surround the Alp-like Wallowa range. The Tavern, Eastern Oregon’s first farm-to-table (but not fancy!) restaurant, is the exception: some of the best locally sourced, hand-made food for a hundred miles in any direction.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads