Set in the bottom of the Ace Hotel, Clyde Common has a tastefully informal gourmet vibe. Framed by tall windows, the restaurant offers a bar that serves the best negroni in town, barrel-aged into something new and transcendental, along with four communal tables and an upstairs with intimate, bistro-size tables. Noise-sensitive diners, beware: high ceilings and resonant wood surfaces can make the buzz and clatter here deafening. But the small menu makes up for such inconveniences with everything from olive oil–poached octopus with chorizo and fingerling potatoes to a house-made tagliarini with Dungeness crab, leeks, and Calabrian chiles. If Clyde’s brand of high-end cuisine signals a new trend in downtown hotel dining, we’re all for it.
1014 SW Stark St.
Portland, OR 97205
Fri-Sat: 9 am-12:45 am
Sun: 9 am-10:45 pm
- Gordon Ramsay’s 'Hotel Hell' Filming in Southern Oregon
- Best Restaurants 2012
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Inside Andy Ricker's Noodle House Sen Yai
- Feast Portland's 2013 Official Lineup Revealed
- 2013's New Brunch Players
- 20 Spots That Defined the Year in Food
- New Outdoors Website Declares War on Guidebooks