World Cup Viewing Party
Every four years, the world stops what it’s doing to watch soccer’s greatest drama. The World Cup’s 64 games can be savage or sublimely beautiful. Underdogs can topple giants. Nations can avenge centuries-old grudges. The greats of old fade away and new legends are born. Now the games come to a close with the final match, and Portland's living room is the place to watch it happen. See whether Argentina, fresh off a nail-biting penalty shot finish against Netherlands, can take down Germany, who stomped Brazil 7 to 1.
Soccer a bit of a mystery to you? Wondering who's rooting for who? Read our profile on a few local soccer fanatics, plus guides to watching the games.
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Nov 20–23
- Cheryl Strayed Talks About Filming 'Wild' with Reese Witherspoon (And Meeting Channing Tatum)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- A New Mayan Restaurant Is Taking Over Little T Every Sunday