World Cup Viewing Party
Every four years, the world stops what it’s doing to watch soccer’s greatest drama. The World Cup’s 64 games can be savage or sublimely beautiful. Underdogs can topple giants. Nations can avenge centuries-old grudges. The greats of old fade away and new legends are born. Now the games come to a close with the final match, and Portland's living room is the place to watch it happen. See whether Argentina, fresh off a nail-biting penalty shot finish against Netherlands, can take down Germany, who stomped Brazil 7 to 1.
Soccer a bit of a mystery to you? Wondering who's rooting for who? Read our profile on a few local soccer fanatics, plus guides to watching the games.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads