Wonderheads: The Middle of Everywhere
With nothing but a couple of masks and a wordless play about a feisty grandma who battles Death, creative couple Kate Braidwood and Andrew Phoenix took Canada’s Fringe Festivals by storm in 2011, winning four best-of-fest awards. After their second show, Loon, did even better, they started expanding to the US—and finally debuted in their hometown last fall. Now they bring their newest show about an everyday commuter and a mysterious girl who go on a cosmic journey.
“If Pixar ever decides to go into the theatre business, they better call Wonderheads first,” said the Calgary Herald’s 2012 review of Loon, about a janitor who falls in love with the moon. Watch a video of their work.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Apr 23–26