Wonderheads: The Middle of Everywhere
With nothing but a couple of masks and a wordless play about a feisty grandma who battles Death, creative couple Kate Braidwood and Andrew Phoenix took Canada’s Fringe Festivals by storm in 2011, winning four best-of-fest awards. After their second show, Loon, did even better, they started expanding to the US—and finally debuted in their hometown last fall. Now they bring their newest show about an everyday commuter and a mysterious girl who go on a cosmic journey.
“If Pixar ever decides to go into the theatre business, they better call Wonderheads first,” said the Calgary Herald’s 2012 review of Loon, about a janitor who falls in love with the moon. Watch a video of their work.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald