William Byrd Festival: Hear the Voice and Prayer
The 17th annual installment of this festival celebrating the English Renaissance composer features lecturers and guest directors from around the country and from Byrd's homeland, anchored by local sacred polyphony specialists Cantores in Ecclesia.
This opening performance will include eight solo voices performing works by Byrd; an earlier composer, Thomas Tallis; and successors of the two, including Orlando Gibbons. Among the earliest in English-language sacred music, the works range from serious to joyful. King's College London organist David Trendell conducts, accompanied by the director of music at Jesus College Cambridge, Mark Williams.
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Jacobsen Salt Buys Out Bee Local
- A Historic Oregon Ranch is Crusading to Revive the American Clothing Industry
- A New Wave of Innovative Yoga Pants
- Behold Sunriver Resort's $50 Million Facelift