William Byrd Festival: Hear the Voice and Prayer
The 17th annual installment of this festival celebrating the English Renaissance composer features lecturers and guest directors from around the country and from Byrd's homeland, anchored by local sacred polyphony specialists Cantores in Ecclesia.
This opening performance will include eight solo voices performing works by Byrd; an earlier composer, Thomas Tallis; and successors of the two, including Orlando Gibbons. Among the earliest in English-language sacred music, the works range from serious to joyful. King's College London organist David Trendell conducts, accompanied by the director of music at Jesus College Cambridge, Mark Williams.
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 16-19
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Northwest Pumpkin Patches
- How Oregonians Really Feel About Wine
- Opening Date and Menu Details for Northwest Portland’s Le Vieux
- Trail of the Month: Indian Heaven Trail No. 33
- A New Wood-Fired Pizzeria, Fire and Stone, to Open in Northeast Portland