William Byrd Festival: Hear the Voice and Prayer
The 17th annual installment of this festival celebrating the English Renaissance composer features lecturers and guest directors from around the country and from Byrd's homeland, anchored by local sacred polyphony specialists Cantores in Ecclesia.
This opening performance will include eight solo voices performing works by Byrd; an earlier composer, Thomas Tallis; and successors of the two, including Orlando Gibbons. Among the earliest in English-language sacred music, the works range from serious to joyful. King's College London organist David Trendell conducts, accompanied by the director of music at Jesus College Cambridge, Mark Williams.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Devouring Portland's Hottest Brunch Spots
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates