William Byrd Festival: Hear the Voice and Prayer
The 17th annual installment of this festival celebrating the English Renaissance composer features lecturers and guest directors from around the country and from Byrd's homeland, anchored by local sacred polyphony specialists Cantores in Ecclesia.
This opening performance will include eight solo voices performing works by Byrd; an earlier composer, Thomas Tallis; and successors of the two, including Orlando Gibbons. Among the earliest in English-language sacred music, the works range from serious to joyful. King's College London organist David Trendell conducts, accompanied by the director of music at Jesus College Cambridge, Mark Williams.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads