William Byrd Festival: Hear the Voice and Prayer
The 17th annual installment of this festival celebrating the English Renaissance composer features lecturers and guest directors from around the country and from Byrd's homeland, anchored by local sacred polyphony specialists Cantores in Ecclesia.
This opening performance will include eight solo voices performing works by Byrd; an earlier composer, Thomas Tallis; and successors of the two, including Orlando Gibbons. Among the earliest in English-language sacred music, the works range from serious to joyful. King's College London organist David Trendell conducts, accompanied by the director of music at Jesus College Cambridge, Mark Williams.
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- An Ambitious Custom Home in Vancouver (?!) Shows What the 'Burbs Could Be
- Insider Secrets on The Princess Bride As Told to Us By Westley Himself
- Cathy Whims to Open an International Ham Bar
- The Guide to Black Friday at Locally Owned Portland Shops
- The Blazers' Guide to Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Justin Timberlake: Bringing Classy Back