William Byrd Festival: Hear the Voice and Prayer
The 17th annual installment of this festival celebrating the English Renaissance composer features lecturers and guest directors from around the country and from Byrd's homeland, anchored by local sacred polyphony specialists Cantores in Ecclesia.
This opening performance will include eight solo voices performing works by Byrd; an earlier composer, Thomas Tallis; and successors of the two, including Orlando Gibbons. Among the earliest in English-language sacred music, the works range from serious to joyful. King's College London organist David Trendell conducts, accompanied by the director of music at Jesus College Cambridge, Mark Williams.
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- DIY Fall Hair and Makeup Trends
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- You Can Start Planning Your Trip to Iceland
- Bunk’s Tommy Habetz to Launch Moon Pizza this Winter
- Lil’ Wayne “Wins” Battle With Drake, Lays His Claim To Portland
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants