Wesley Stace's Cabinet of Wonders All-Star Benefit
Features:Price: $50, $150 VIP
Last year's sellout Wesley Stace's Cabinet of Wonders benefit was perhaps the most star-studded single lineup in Portland history (kd lang, Colin Meloy, Ben Gibbard, Carrie Brownstein, and on and on). Wesley Stace is back this year with another killer crew: Jim James (My Morning Jacket), Colin Meloy, China Forbes (Pink Martini), Wesley Stace, Ural Thomas and The Pain, Laura Veirs, Willy Vlautin, Black Prairie, and John Roderick (The Long Winters).
With a similar vibe to our very own Live Wire, the Cabinet of Wonders is a loosely structured variety show featuring singer-songwriter-author Stace serving as host. Guests sing, read, spin yarns, tell jokes, and collaborate. The lucky beneficiary of this gala evening is the Children's Cancer Association's My Music Rx, a unique digital music program that enables seriously ill kids to play and download free music games, explore digital instruments, record original music, and watch exclusive video song prescriptions from their favorite artists.
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- All-Way's Hamburger Time Machine
- An Oregon Company’s Totally Rad School Backpacks Will Make You Want to Pack a Lunch
- 15 Ways to Pamper Yourself From Head to Toe
- Bring Some Scandinavian Holidays Home with Beaverton's Scandia Imports
- Cozy Up with Portland's Best Hot Chocolate