Wampire (with Eternal Tapestry and the Shivas)
Local quintet Wampire has been kicking around the Portland music scene for years, becoming a household name among local-music fans by playing countless live shows, but never releasing a proper record. Now, the band, whose hard-to-pin-down music bounces between a synth- (and sometimes organ-) driven dance-y sound and blissed-out guitar pop while maintaining a lo-fi production aesthetic, seems to finally be breaking out. National label Polyvinyl, home to successful Portland exports Starfucker and Unknown Mortal Orchestra, signed the group last year and will release its debut album, Curiosity, in May; Jacob Portrait, the studio wizard behind Blouse's self-titled debut (and Unknown Mortal Orchestra's bassist), produced the disc, and the lead single, "Hearse," has already attracted attention from the music blogosphere—most significantly, Pitchfork. Wampire's show tonight is their last before going on tour with UMO, and chances are that when they come back home, they'll be more than just a local fixture. Come, and be able to say, "I saw them when..."
Listen to "Hearse":
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Ultimate Summer Day Trips
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Nong to Compete on Chopped "Food Truck Fight"
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Maurice is One of Bon Appétit's Top 10 New Restaurants in America