Blue jays plan. Chimps grieve. Moths remember living as caterpillars. These are just three of the surprising and ethically discomforting findings that Morell, an Ashland-based science journalist, shares in Animal Wise: The Thoughts and Emotions of Our Fellow Creatures, her new survey of research on animal cognition and emotion.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads