Venus in Fur
Features:Price: For ticket prices, visit website.
Portland Center Stage gets kinky with an erotically electrified psychological drama written by noted New York City dramaturg David Ives and nominated for Best Play at last year's Tony Awards. The Venus of this story is an actress who is inexcusably tardy to an audition but manages to manipulate her power dynamic with the director over the course of their strange and loaded exchange.
What we said: "Portland Center Stage's taut, psychological new production leaves viewers puzzling over questions of power, gender, and sex." Read the full review of Venus in Fur.
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- A Native Portlander Returns to Find Her Hometown Radically Transformed
- Three Women Transforming Ranching in Eastern Oregon
- Portland's Mayor Says the Future is Bright—If Anyone Can Still Afford to Live Here
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This March
- Writer and Private Investigator Rene Denfeld on Portland Sexism
- 10 Amazing Oregon Women Breaking Barriers, Kicking Ass, and Inspiring Us All
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland