Universal Studios at 100
Universal Pictures, whose instantly recognizable globe logo has appeared in the first moments of many a classic film, commemorates its 100th anniversary this year, and the Northwest Film Center is throwing the studio a party. Over the course of the month, NWFC will screen new, 35 mm prints of 17 treasures from the United States’ oldest continuously operating film producer, from 1930’s All Quiet on the Western Front to 1989’s Do the Right Thing. For showtimes, visit website.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- Carrie Brownstein on Lena Dunham, 'Girls,' and 'Portlandia'
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants