Universal Studios at 100
Universal Pictures, whose instantly recognizable globe logo has appeared in the first moments of many a classic film, commemorates its 100th anniversary this year, and the Northwest Film Center is throwing the studio a party. Over the course of the month, NWFC will screen new, 35 mm prints of 17 treasures from the United States’ oldest continuously operating film producer, from 1930’s All Quiet on the Western Front to 1989’s Do the Right Thing. For showtimes, visit website.
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Bend Butchers to Open a Japanese Soul Food Restaurant
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- North Pearl: Going Up?