Universal Studios at 100
Universal Pictures, whose instantly recognizable globe logo has appeared in the first moments of many a classic film, commemorates its 100th anniversary this year, and the Northwest Film Center is throwing the studio a party. Over the course of the month, NWFC will screen new, 35 mm prints of 17 treasures from the United States’ oldest continuously operating film producer, from 1930’s All Quiet on the Western Front to 1989’s Do the Right Thing. For showtimes, visit website.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads