Umbrella Festival: Circus and Swing
Celebrating its third year, the Umbrella Festival of Circus and Comedy returns to the Alberta Rose Theatre April 3rd thru 6th with an impressive cast of vaudevillians, acrobats, and musicians performing four nights of offbeat cabaret, comedy, and circus. Witness the eclectic ensemble of performers gathered for this rollicking bohemian and gypsy–themed festival co–directed by David “Leapin’ Louie” Lichtenstein and Noah “William Batty” Mickens.
The all–star bohemian swing band, Wanderlust Circus Orchestra, serves as the soundtrack for an evening of astounding circus acts. Behold contortionist and hand balancer Brittany Walsh, Russell Bruner and his Bruno Knickerbocker alter ego, the captivating belly dancer Nagasita, stilt walking Nick “The Creature” Harbar, and acrobatic ensemble the Rose City Arco Devils.
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- An Ambitious Custom Home in Vancouver (?!) Shows What the 'Burbs Could Be
- Insider Secrets on The Princess Bride As Told to Us By Westley Himself
- Cathy Whims to Open an International Ham Bar
- The Guide to Black Friday at Locally Owned Portland Shops
- The Blazers' Guide to Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Justin Timberlake: Bringing Classy Back