Transcending Time: The Sacred Music of Mikagura
The Japanese Garden hosts the first-ever performance in the continental US of this ancient Shinto ritual, featuring 24 musicians and dancers from Kamakura, Japan. The performance will follow a brief lecture by Head Priest Shigeho Yoshida on the history and meaning of Mikagura.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?