During the 90’s, the Ojeda brothers dominated the regional music scene with the infectious rhythms of their Portland based Latin-funk ensemble Rubberneck. Recently, this trio has combined their talents to form Toque Libre. The band combines the melodic pop sensibilities of the Ojeda brothers' music writing style with the driving Flamenco rhythms of Mehdi Farjami’s guitar playing, and their sound is made complete with the addition of hypnotic pulses borrowed from the Afro-Cuban genre. Toque Libre typically performs as a quartet but for this special event they will be performing as an eight piece “orchestra” with special guests.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- You Can Start Planning Your Trip to Iceland
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Bunk’s Tommy Habetz to Launch Moon Pizza this Winter
- Lil’ Wayne “Wins” Battle With Drake, Lays His Claim To Portland