Top Down: Rooftop Cinema: Edward Scissorhands
If Pioneer Courthouse Square is the city's living room, then the top floor of the Hotel deLuxe's parking garage is its den, thanks to the Northwest Film Center's summer movie series. This screening features Edward Scissorhands, the first time Tim Burton and Johnny Depp collaborated on a film. In a nod to teenaged awkwardness, the movie follows a mad scientist's abandoned project (Depp) as he attempts to fit in, fall in love, and all those things we failed miserably at in our teens—oh, except he has scissors for hands.
Pre-show music by the band Alameda.
- The 10 Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings of 2015
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- This Portland Woman’s Travel Group is Taking Off
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Jan 22–25
- A Brief History of the PDX Airport Carpet
- Davenport Goes Pop-Up: Five Nights, Five Chefs, Five Menus
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX