Top Down: Rooftop Cinema: Edward Scissorhands
If Pioneer Courthouse Square is the city's living room, then the top floor of the Hotel deLuxe's parking garage is its den, thanks to the Northwest Film Center's summer movie series. This screening features Edward Scissorhands, the first time Tim Burton and Johnny Depp collaborated on a film. In a nod to teenaged awkwardness, the movie follows a mad scientist's abandoned project (Depp) as he attempts to fit in, fall in love, and all those things we failed miserably at in our teens—oh, except he has scissors for hands.
Pre-show music by the band Alameda.
- Best Bets for Portland Dining Month
- A Guide to Portland's Mac & Cheese Scene
- The Oscars Red Carpet Highs and Lows
- Inside Woodstock's Fishermen-Owned Portland Fish Market
- Death Becomes Her
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- The Beautiful Machine: Exploring the Gyrotonic Movement System in PDX
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’