Top Down: Rooftop Cinema: Edward Scissorhands
If Pioneer Courthouse Square is the city's living room, then the top floor of the Hotel deLuxe's parking garage is its den, thanks to the Northwest Film Center's summer movie series. This screening features Edward Scissorhands, the first time Tim Burton and Johnny Depp collaborated on a film. In a nod to teenaged awkwardness, the movie follows a mad scientist's abandoned project (Depp) as he attempts to fit in, fall in love, and all those things we failed miserably at in our teens—oh, except he has scissors for hands.
Pre-show music by the band Alameda.
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- An Ambitious Custom Home in Vancouver (?!) Shows What the 'Burbs Could Be
- The Blazers' Guide to Portland
- Justin Timberlake: Bringing Classy Back
- Portland Monthly's Best Bar 2014: Pepe Le Moko