Tony Starlight's Neil Diamond Birthday Tribute
"There are two types of people in the world," so says Bill Murray in What About Bob?, " those who like Neil Diamond and those who don't. My ex-wife loves Neil Diamond." You know who else loves Neil Diamond? I mean, besides people with ears. Tony Starlight, of the Supper Club and Lounge, loves the singer-songwriter and will take the stage at Alberta Rose Theatre for one special night! Known for his keen musical impressions, Starlight leaves the 999 voices at home to focus on the only one that matters in this birthday tribute to the well-coiffed, spangly-shirted Diamond (known as the "Jewish Elvis"), who has penned such iconic songs as "Sweet Caroline," "Red Red Wine," "I'm a Believer," and the forever-great, "Forever in Blue Jeans."
$20 presale; $25 at the door; $30 VIP—which ensures seating close enough for panty-throwing as well as the chance to win a $100 gift certificate to Tony Starlight's!
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The Houseboat Life
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- 2014's Fresh Harvest of Fall Pastries
- Tripster: Weekend Plans