Tony Starlight's AM Gold Seventies Soft Rock Show
You may know him as Portland’s swaggering Rat Pack ringer, channeling Frank and Dino at the nightclub that bears his name. But swinger Starlight is a versatile and complicated man with a lot of voices inside him demanding stage time. In this salute to the mellower side of the ’70s radio dial, Starlight and a crack combo that includes keyboardist Bo Ayars, who directed Liberace’s band for 12 years, will dive headfirst into bygone hits by the likes of Carole King, Little River Band, Elton John, Barry Manilow, and many more. As Starlight says of his retro repertoire, “The AM [radio] dial was played in stores and restaurants and in the Country Squire station wagon that I rode in sans seat belt. I absorbed these songs and they are a part of me.”
West Linn, OR
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads