Tom Spanbauer: I Loved You More
Local literary godfather Tom Spanbauer releases his fifth book, I Loved You More, about a love across distance and years. In addition to the accolades his previous books The Man Who Fell in Love with the Moon and In the City of Shy Hunters have won, Spanbauer has also taught seemingly half of Portland's published authors. Chuck Palahniuk workshopped Fight Club in Spanbauer's Dangerous Writers class.
In our April story, we asked Cheryl Strayed, Chelsea Cain, Monica Drake, and others to tell us why Spanbauer is at the heart of Portland's literary world and share stories about his influence.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald