Tin House Writers Workshop Readings
Tin House magazine's annual workshop is known for a sophisto-summer-camp atmosphere: cocktails, dancing, hyperliterate small-talk ... like ’20s Paris reborn at verdant Reed College. (Well, we can dream.) Most of the fun is reserved for 225 workshop students, handpicked from this year’s record field of 600 applicants. But luckily, the masses can drop in for evening readings in Reed’s outdoor Cerf Amphitheater. The workshop’s stars hold forth, books are signed, and the unwritten summer commandment to mingle culture and grass stains is fulfilled.
Steve Almond: July 16
Charles D’Ambrosio, Maggie Nelson: July 17
Karen Russell: July 18
Cheryl Strayed: July 19
Anthony Doerr: July 20
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The Houseboat Life
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- 2014's Fresh Harvest of Fall Pastries
- Tripster: Weekend Plans