Tin House Writers Workshop Readings
Tin House magazine's annual workshop is known for a sophisto-summer-camp atmosphere: cocktails, dancing, hyperliterate small-talk ... like ’20s Paris reborn at verdant Reed College. (Well, we can dream.) Most of the fun is reserved for 225 workshop students, handpicked from this year’s record field of 600 applicants. But luckily, the masses can drop in for evening readings in Reed’s outdoor Cerf Amphitheater. The workshop’s stars hold forth, books are signed, and the unwritten summer commandment to mingle culture and grass stains is fulfilled.
Steve Almond: July 16
Charles D’Ambrosio, Maggie Nelson: July 17
Karen Russell: July 18
Cheryl Strayed: July 19
Anthony Doerr: July 20
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Ultimate Summer Day Trips
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Nong to Compete on Chopped "Food Truck Fight"
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Maurice is One of Bon Appétit's Top 10 New Restaurants in America
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Aug 21–24