Tin House Writers Workshop Readings
Tin House magazine's annual workshop is known for a sophisto-summer-camp atmosphere: cocktails, dancing, hyperliterate small-talk ... like ’20s Paris reborn at verdant Reed College. (Well, we can dream.) Most of the fun is reserved for 225 workshop students, handpicked from this year’s record field of 600 applicants. But luckily, the masses can drop in for evening readings in Reed’s outdoor Cerf Amphitheater. The workshop’s stars hold forth, books are signed, and the unwritten summer commandment to mingle culture and grass stains is fulfilled.
Steve Almond: July 16
Charles D’Ambrosio, Maggie Nelson: July 17
Karen Russell: July 18
Cheryl Strayed: July 19
Anthony Doerr: July 20
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads