Three Bogart Classics: The Maltese Falcon
Based on the detective novel by Dashiell Hammett, featuring the quientessential fast-talking, hard-boiled P.I., Sam Spade—a role that cemented Humphrey Bogart as a leading man in Hollywood. The Maltese Falcon, John Huston's directorial debut, is widely considered to be the first American film noir and is presented in lush 35mm as part of the Humphrey Bogart retrospective.
See it for $6, $9 for a double feature or, for those brave enough to try, see all three films for $12.
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- TEDxRecap: 6 Videos to Watch
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- Guide to 2014's Summer Concerts and Festivals