Three Bogart Classics: The Big Sleep
In this fast-paced criminal investigation, the who of the Whodunit proved as much a mystery itself! Director Howard Hawks became so flummoxed during filming, he sent a telegraph to author Raymond Chandler to inquire after the identity of the killer. Chandler's reponse? "Oh, I don't know."
Bogey continues with the fast-talking, hard drinking (and hard living), gruff, hardboiled detective he perfected. This time around, he plays Chandler's famed protaganist, Phillip Marlowe opposite Lauren Becall's Vivian.
Presented in lush 35mm as part of the Humphrey Bogart retrospective, individual tickets are $6, $9 for a double feature or. for those brave enough to try, see all three films for $12.
- Gordon Ramsay’s 'Hotel Hell' Filming in Southern Oregon
- Best Restaurants 2012
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Inside Andy Ricker's Noodle House Sen Yai
- Feast Portland's 2013 Official Lineup Revealed
- 2013's New Brunch Players
- 20 Spots That Defined the Year in Food
- New Outdoors Website Declares War on Guidebooks