Think & Drink: Dissent and Defend
"How to Love America: Dissent and Defend," the 2013 Think & Drink series, explores our relationship to the nation we call home. The series kicks off with a look at political dissent and defense of civil rights.
Minors are welcome when accompanied by an adult.
Guests are Michael Kazin, co-editor of Dissent magazine, professor of history at Georgetown University, and author of American Dreamers: How the Left Changed a Nation; and Steven T. Wax, U.S. federal public defender for the District of Oregon and author of Kafka Comes to America: Fighting for Justice in the War on Terror.
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- The 10 Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings of 2015
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Jan 22–25
- A Brief History of the PDX Airport Carpet
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- This Portland Woman’s Travel Group is Taking Off