Think & Drink: Dissent and Defend
"How to Love America: Dissent and Defend," the 2013 Think & Drink series, explores our relationship to the nation we call home. The series kicks off with a look at political dissent and defense of civil rights.
Minors are welcome when accompanied by an adult.
Guests are Michael Kazin, co-editor of Dissent magazine, professor of history at Georgetown University, and author of American Dreamers: How the Left Changed a Nation; and Steven T. Wax, U.S. federal public defender for the District of Oregon and author of Kafka Comes to America: Fighting for Justice in the War on Terror.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald