Think & Drink: Dissent and Defend
"How to Love America: Dissent and Defend," the 2013 Think & Drink series, explores our relationship to the nation we call home. The series kicks off with a look at political dissent and defense of civil rights.
Minors are welcome when accompanied by an adult.
Guests are Michael Kazin, co-editor of Dissent magazine, professor of history at Georgetown University, and author of American Dreamers: How the Left Changed a Nation; and Steven T. Wax, U.S. federal public defender for the District of Oregon and author of Kafka Comes to America: Fighting for Justice in the War on Terror.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads