Think & Drink: Dissent and Defend
"How to Love America: Dissent and Defend," the 2013 Think & Drink series, explores our relationship to the nation we call home. The series kicks off with a look at political dissent and defense of civil rights.
Minors are welcome when accompanied by an adult.
Guests are Michael Kazin, co-editor of Dissent magazine, professor of history at Georgetown University, and author of American Dreamers: How the Left Changed a Nation; and Steven T. Wax, U.S. federal public defender for the District of Oregon and author of Kafka Comes to America: Fighting for Justice in the War on Terror.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?