The Winding Stream
The Winding Stream: The Carters, the Cashes, and the Course of Country Music tells the epic story of the two families at the heart of American roots music, their interwoven lives, and their continued influence on musicians today. By Portland-filmmaker Beth Harrington, the documentary (presented here by the Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival) features interviews with family members, including one of Johnny Cash's last, and performances by Rosanne Cash, John Prine, Sheryl Crow, Carolina Chocolate Drops, and others. Tickets for an after-party with Johnny Cash tribute band, Counterfeit Cash, also available.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Sustainable Grilling at Bamboo Izakaya
- Portland's 10 Best Guilt-Free Dishes