PETE: The Three Sisters
Always found The Three Sisters dull? So did Lewis & Clark theater professor Stepan Simek. Then he teamed up with PETE (Portland Experimental Theatre Ensemble) for an edgy take on his new translation, which abandons the classic's traditional, ornamental English, trying instead for a direct, aggressive energy Simek finds in the original Russian. Read our story about Simek's quest to reinvigorate a play that had grown ostentatious and dull.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Portland News to Chew
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Portland's 10 Best Salads