PETE: The Three Sisters
Always found The Three Sisters dull? So did Lewis & Clark theater professor Stepan Simek. Then he teamed up with PETE (Portland Experimental Theatre Ensemble) for an edgy take on his new translation, which abandons the classic's traditional, ornamental English, trying instead for a direct, aggressive energy Simek finds in the original Russian. Read our story about Simek's quest to reinvigorate a play that had grown ostentatious and dull.
- The Latest in Portland Arts News—Anthony Bourdain is Portland-Bound!
- Wake Up to Portland's Best Breakfast Sandwiches
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Barbecue Deluxe at Smokehouse Tavern
- Big Money Moments in Portland Real Estate
- Back to Eden Brings Food Cart “Cottage” to Southeast Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts