PETE: The Three Sisters
Always found The Three Sisters dull? So did Lewis & Clark theater professor Stepan Simek. Then he teamed up with PETE (Portland Experimental Theatre Ensemble) for an edgy take on his new translation, which abandons the classic's traditional, ornamental English, trying instead for a direct, aggressive energy Simek finds in the original Russian. Read our story about Simek's quest to reinvigorate a play that had grown ostentatious and dull.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The Houseboat Life
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- 2014's Fresh Harvest of Fall Pastries
- Tripster: Weekend Plans