The Taming of the Shrew
There is no better work of Shakespeare than his Taming of the Shrew to explore the tumultuous relationship politics between men and women. Actresses ranging from Elizabeth Taylor to Julia Styles have taken on the role of headstrong, passionate Katherine. For Portland Shakespeare Project's production, director Michael Mendelson plans to explore “the lengths a person will go to transform somebody they love into the person they wish them to be."
Running in tandem with its follow-up, The Tamer Tamed.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?