The Taming of the Shrew
There is no better work of Shakespeare than his Taming of the Shrew to explore the tumultuous relationship politics between men and women. Actresses ranging from Elizabeth Taylor to Julia Styles have taken on the role of headstrong, passionate Katherine. For Portland Shakespeare Project's production, director Michael Mendelson plans to explore “the lengths a person will go to transform somebody they love into the person they wish them to be."
Running in tandem with its follow-up, The Tamer Tamed.
- Best Bets for Portland Dining Month
- A Guide to Portland's Mac & Cheese Scene
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- Inside Woodstock's Fishermen-Owned Portland Fish Market
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- The Oscars Red Carpet Highs and Lows
- The Beautiful Machine: Exploring the Gyrotonic Movement System in PDX
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots