The Taming of the Shrew
There is no better work of Shakespeare than his Taming of the Shrew to explore the tumultuous relationship politics between men and women. Actresses ranging from Elizabeth Taylor to Julia Styles have taken on the role of headstrong, passionate Katherine. For Portland Shakespeare Project's production, director Michael Mendelson plans to explore “the lengths a person will go to transform somebody they love into the person they wish them to be."
Running in tandem with its follow-up, The Tamer Tamed.
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- Three Women Transforming Ranching in Eastern Oregon
- A Native Portlander Returns to Find Her Hometown Radically Transformed
- Writer and Private Investigator Rene Denfeld on Portland Sexism
- 10 Amazing Oregon Women Breaking Barriers, Kicking Ass, and Inspiring Us All
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This March
- Portland's Mayor Says the Future is Bright—If Anyone Can Still Afford to Live Here
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland