The Tamer Tamed
John Fletcher's The Tamer Tamed continues Shakespeare’s story of Petruchio and his problems with women that began in The Taming of the Shrew. Fletcher collaborated with Shakespeare on two plays and succeeded Shakespeare as the playwright for the King’s Men. Critics have referred to the play as being ‘proto-feminist,’ which is amazing considering that The Tamer Tamed was first published in 1647.
Running in tandem with The Taming of the Shrew.
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Genoa Restaurant Closing May 11
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Tripster: Weekend Plans
- Orenco Station: Westward Expansion