The Switch Reading Series
Portland gains yet another monthly reading series highlighting emerging writers, visual artists, and musicians with The Switch, and it’s popping up all over Portland in 2014. This month’s installment is hosted at the indie publishing hub, IPRC, complete with live music, a curated art show, and Hopworks beer in an evening celebrating Portland’s vibrant artistic community. Readers include poet Susan Landers (Franklinstein, and 248 mgs), writer C.E. Putnam (Poetry attache at P.I.S.O.R.), and Kelly Shirmann (co-author of Nature Machine and founder of Black Cake, an audio chapbook record label).
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- Make Pok Pok's Famous Wings at Home
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014