Southern rock from Seattle? Sure, why not. The Moondoggies call to mind any number of great bands from rock ‘n’ roll past (The Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jeff Tweedy’s songs in Uncle Tupelo), but their sound is versatile and their moods are many. From the somber celebration of "Bogachiel Rain Blues," to the harmonious downer of "The Undertaker" here is a band unafraid to make American music with all of its glorious contradictions intact.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads