Southern rock from Seattle? Sure, why not. The Moondoggies call to mind any number of great bands from rock ‘n’ roll past (The Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jeff Tweedy’s songs in Uncle Tupelo), but their sound is versatile and their moods are many. From the somber celebration of "Bogachiel Rain Blues," to the harmonious downer of "The Undertaker" here is a band unafraid to make American music with all of its glorious contradictions intact.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald