Southern rock from Seattle? Sure, why not. The Moondoggies call to mind any number of great bands from rock ‘n’ roll past (The Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jeff Tweedy’s songs in Uncle Tupelo), but their sound is versatile and their moods are many. From the somber celebration of "Bogachiel Rain Blues," to the harmonious downer of "The Undertaker" here is a band unafraid to make American music with all of its glorious contradictions intact.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?