Southern rock from Seattle? Sure, why not. The Moondoggies call to mind any number of great bands from rock ‘n’ roll past (The Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jeff Tweedy’s songs in Uncle Tupelo), but their sound is versatile and their moods are many. From the somber celebration of "Bogachiel Rain Blues," to the harmonious downer of "The Undertaker" here is a band unafraid to make American music with all of its glorious contradictions intact.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- Carrie Brownstein on Lena Dunham, 'Girls,' and 'Portlandia'
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants