When we asked Pulitzer finalist Amy Freed why she chose to premiere her new play, The Monster-Builder, at the relatively small regional theater ART, she told us, “A good, representative production in a small theater is a lot better for a premiere than a mishandled production in a more prominent theater.” The comedy, about an egomaniacal “starchitect,” is one of a bumper crop of shows that debut during the Fertile Ground festival of new works. Directed by nationally acclaimed director Art Manke and starring Oregon Shakespeare Festival actors Michael Elich and Robin Nordli (i.e. this is a power-packed production!)
Read our full interview with Freed.
Read our full review of the play.
- The Long-Awaited Portland Mercado Debuts with Homegrown Latin American Cuisine
- Guide to 2015 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Run like it’s 1848 at the Oregon Trail 5K
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- 22 Reasons Why You Need to Be in Bend This Summer
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Why Are Portlanders Obsessed With Tiny Houses?