When we asked Pulitzer finalist Amy Freed why she chose to premiere her new play, The Monster-Builder, at the relatively small regional theater ART, she told us, “A good, representative production in a small theater is a lot better for a premiere than a mishandled production in a more prominent theater.” The comedy, about an egomaniacal “starchitect,” is one of a bumper crop of shows that debut during the Fertile Ground festival of new works. Directed by nationally acclaimed director Art Manke and starring Oregon Shakespeare Festival actors Michael Elich and Robin Nordli (i.e. this is a power-packed production!)
Read our full interview with Freed.
Read our full review of the play.
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- All-Way's Hamburger Time Machine
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- An Oregon Company’s Totally Rad School Backpacks Will Make You Want to Pack a Lunch
- Bring Some Scandinavian Holidays Home with Beaverton's Scandia Imports
- An Entire Store Devoted to Locally Made Goods
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Dec 18–21