When we asked Pulitzer finalist Amy Freed why she chose to premiere her new play, The Monster-Builder, at the relatively small regional theater ART, she told us, “A good, representative production in a small theater is a lot better for a premiere than a mishandled production in a more prominent theater.” The comedy, about an egomaniacal “starchitect,” is one of a bumper crop of shows that debut during the Fertile Ground festival of new works. Directed by nationally acclaimed director Art Manke and starring Oregon Shakespeare Festival actors Michael Elich and Robin Nordli (i.e. this is a power-packed production!)
Read our full interview with Freed.
Read our full review of the play.
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- An Ambitious Custom Home in Vancouver (?!) Shows What the 'Burbs Could Be
- Insider Secrets on The Princess Bride As Told to Us By Westley Himself
- Cathy Whims to Open an International Ham Bar
- The Guide to Black Friday at Locally Owned Portland Shops
- The Blazers' Guide to Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Justin Timberlake: Bringing Classy Back