When we asked Pulitzer finalist Amy Freed why she chose to premiere her new play, The Monster-Builder, at the relatively small regional theater ART, she told us, “A good, representative production in a small theater is a lot better for a premiere than a mishandled production in a more prominent theater.” The comedy, about an egomaniacal “starchitect,” is one of a bumper crop of shows that debut during the Fertile Ground festival of new works. Directed by nationally acclaimed director Art Manke and starring Oregon Shakespeare Festival actors Michael Elich and Robin Nordli (i.e. this is a power-packed production!)
Read our full interview with Freed.
Read our full review of the play.
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Genoa Restaurant Closing May 11
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Tripster: Weekend Plans
- Orenco Station: Westward Expansion