The Monkey King
Originally written by puppet master Yang Feng and featuring 30 incredible puppets crafted in China, this classic Chinese tale follows the journey of Monkey, his master, Bajeer the pig, and others as they adventure across China seeking the Thunder Monastery in India. Part of the 400-year-old Chinese fantasy novel, Journey to the West.
Get there an hour early before all Saturday and Sunday performances for free pre-show puppet crafts.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?