Karen Brooks: The Mighty Gastropolis: Portland
Ever wonder how Portland came to be "one of America's top food cities," which draws ravenous pilgrims from around the world? How we came to be a "Pirate Food Network" with a rowdy ship of tattoo-slathered beastie boys, locavore obsessives, food cart mavens, sugar wizards, lard lovers, supper clubbers, and culinary tinkerers? Portland Monthly's veteran food critic Karen Brooks tells the story of our city's vibrant food world in her definitive new book The Mighty Gastropolis: Portland: A Journey Through the Center of America's New Food Revolution, which is filled with a cornucopia of recipes, history, and insight into the PDX food scene. It's a must read for any local foodie; for more on why we love the book—and it's not like we're biased—go here. Brooks will read at Powell's, followed by a Q&A and signing.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads