The Lumber Room: Terrain Shift
Sarah Miller Meigs, one of the—if not the—most driven contemporary art collectors in Portland, steps into the curator's role with Terrain Shift, an exhibition at her gallery Lumber Room. The show, nearly all photography, looks beyond au courant fascinations with cinema and subtle (or not-so-subtle) digital manipulations to a strain of the medium that reaches back to its invention: creating small worlds to photograph. With a freedom and reach unmatched or untried elsewhere in town, Miller Meigs beautifully juxtaposes international, national, and local artists because they are exploring similar concepts—and simply feel good together.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Apr 23–26