The Lumber Room: Terrain Shift
Sarah Miller Meigs, one of the—if not the—most driven contemporary art collectors in Portland, steps into the curator's role with Terrain Shift, an exhibition at her gallery Lumber Room. The show, nearly all photography, looks beyond au courant fascinations with cinema and subtle (or not-so-subtle) digital manipulations to a strain of the medium that reaches back to its invention: creating small worlds to photograph. With a freedom and reach unmatched or untried elsewhere in town, Miller Meigs beautifully juxtaposes international, national, and local artists because they are exploring similar concepts—and simply feel good together.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald