The Lumber Room: Terrain Shift
Sarah Miller Meigs, one of the—if not the—most driven contemporary art collectors in Portland, steps into the curator's role with Terrain Shift, an exhibition at her gallery Lumber Room. The show, nearly all photography, looks beyond au courant fascinations with cinema and subtle (or not-so-subtle) digital manipulations to a strain of the medium that reaches back to its invention: creating small worlds to photograph. With a freedom and reach unmatched or untried elsewhere in town, Miller Meigs beautifully juxtaposes international, national, and local artists because they are exploring similar concepts—and simply feel good together.
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Your Hood River Fruit Loop Field Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- The Ultimate Guide to Northwest Pumpkin Patches