The Light in the Piazza
Centered on a wealthy Southern woman whose emotionally stunted daughter falls in love with a local during a summer in Italy, this contemporary musical showcases a heavily orchestrated neoromantic score in an intimate chamber music setting. Starring Portland musical theater favorite Susannah Mars.
"Merideth Kay Clark (who starred as Elphaba in the first national tour of Wicked) is delightful as Clara, portraying a childlike innocence that swings easily from joy to despair, and her chemistry with Michael Morrow Hammack as Fabrizio is palpable in Portland Playhouse’s small theater, which has been stripped to its previous incarnation as a church, stained glass and all, to provide a most perfect setting for the play. Live chamber music adds to the romance, and the rest of the cast soars (as do their voices) under Brian Weaver’s graceful direction and with Adam Guettel’s almost operatic score." Read our full review.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Wildfang Launches the Coolest Ad Campaign of the Year
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- Jacobsen Salt Buys Out Bee Local