The Last Unicorn
This cult classic fantasy film, based on the novel of the same name by Peter S. Beagle, was animated by the same Japanese artists who would become the core of famed filmmaker Hayao Miyazaki’s Studio Ghibli. Now, a remastered digital print is being taken on a nationwide tour, and is returning for two nights after selling out an earlier stop. Best of all, Beagle himself will be in attendance to meet fans and sign books.
Fun fact: the character of Prince Lir is voiced by a young Jeff Bridges, who also happens to be coming through town with his band, the Abiders, on November 23. To celebrate, we compare Prince Lir to Bridges' most iconic character, the Dude from The Big Lebowski. They have more in common than you think.
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- Three Women Transforming Ranching in Eastern Oregon
- A Native Portlander Returns to Find Her Hometown Radically Transformed
- Writer and Private Investigator Rene Denfeld on Portland Sexism
- 10 Amazing Oregon Women Breaking Barriers, Kicking Ass, and Inspiring Us All
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This March
- Portland's Mayor Says the Future is Bright—If Anyone Can Still Afford to Live Here
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland