The Hen Night Epiphany
A hen night (an Irish term for “bachelorette party”) may be the last place anyone would look for an epiphany, but in this play from award-winning Irish scribe Jimmy Murphy a weekend in a cabin turns serious (but still funny) when secrets start to unravel.
Hen Night is one of four Irish plays opening in May and June, offering a local PhD of sorts in Irish Lit. That’s a lot of craic to take in, however, so if you’re feeling a bit out of your depth, here are a few things to know about Irish theatrical tradition to help you make sense of it all.
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- An Ambitious Custom Home in Vancouver (?!) Shows What the 'Burbs Could Be
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Insider Secrets on The Princess Bride As Told to Us By Westley Himself
- The Blazers' Guide to Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Guide to Black Friday at Locally Owned Portland Shops
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014