The Hen Night Epiphany
A hen night (an Irish term for “bachelorette party”) may be the last place anyone would look for an epiphany, but in this play from award-winning Irish scribe Jimmy Murphy a weekend in a cabin turns serious (but still funny) when secrets start to unravel.
Hen Night is one of four Irish plays opening in May and June, offering a local PhD of sorts in Irish Lit. That’s a lot of craic to take in, however, so if you’re feeling a bit out of your depth, here are a few things to know about Irish theatrical tradition to help you make sense of it all.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?