The Hen Night Epiphany
A hen night (an Irish term for “bachelorette party”) may be the last place anyone would look for an epiphany, but in this play from award-winning Irish scribe Jimmy Murphy a weekend in a cabin turns serious (but still funny) when secrets start to unravel.
Hen Night is one of four Irish plays opening in May and June, offering a local PhD of sorts in Irish Lit. That’s a lot of craic to take in, however, so if you’re feeling a bit out of your depth, here are a few things to know about Irish theatrical tradition to help you make sense of it all.
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- 10 Portland-Style Junk Food Favorites
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’