The Hen Night Epiphany
A hen night (an Irish term for “bachelorette party”) may be the last place anyone would look for an epiphany, but in this play from award-winning Irish scribe Jimmy Murphy a weekend in a cabin turns serious (but still funny) when secrets start to unravel.
Hen Night is one of four Irish plays opening in May and June, offering a local PhD of sorts in Irish Lit. That’s a lot of craic to take in, however, so if you’re feeling a bit out of your depth, here are a few things to know about Irish theatrical tradition to help you make sense of it all.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads