The Hen Night Epiphany
A hen night (an Irish term for “bachelorette party”) may be the last place anyone would look for an epiphany, but in this play from award-winning Irish scribe Jimmy Murphy a weekend in a cabin turns serious (but still funny) when secrets start to unravel.
Hen Night is one of four Irish plays opening in May and June, offering a local PhD of sorts in Irish Lit. That’s a lot of craic to take in, however, so if you’re feeling a bit out of your depth, here are a few things to know about Irish theatrical tradition to help you make sense of it all.
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- You Can Start Planning Your Trip to Iceland
- Lil’ Wayne “Wins” Battle With Drake, Lays His Claim To Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Bunk’s Tommy Habetz to Launch Moon Pizza this Winter
- Four Reasons to Get Excited About the Portland Fermentation Festival