The Hen Night Epiphany
A hen night (an Irish term for “bachelorette party”) may be the last place anyone would look for an epiphany, but in this play from award-winning Irish scribe Jimmy Murphy a weekend in a cabin turns serious (but still funny) when secrets start to unravel.
Hen Night is one of four Irish plays opening in May and June, offering a local PhD of sorts in Irish Lit. That’s a lot of craic to take in, however, so if you’re feeling a bit out of your depth, here are a few things to know about Irish theatrical tradition to help you make sense of it all.
- The 10 Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings of 2015
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- This Portland Woman’s Travel Group is Taking Off
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Jan 22–25
- A Brief History of the PDX Airport Carpet
- Davenport Goes Pop-Up: Five Nights, Five Chefs, Five Menus
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX