The Hen Night Epiphany
A hen night (an Irish term for “bachelorette party”) may be the last place anyone would look for an epiphany, but in this play from award-winning Irish scribe Jimmy Murphy a weekend in a cabin turns serious (but still funny) when secrets start to unravel.
Hen Night is one of four Irish plays opening in May and June, offering a local PhD of sorts in Irish Lit. That’s a lot of craic to take in, however, so if you’re feeling a bit out of your depth, here are a few things to know about Irish theatrical tradition to help you make sense of it all.
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- All-Way's Hamburger Time Machine
- An Oregon Company’s Totally Rad School Backpacks Will Make You Want to Pack a Lunch
- 15 Ways to Pamper Yourself From Head to Toe
- Bring Some Scandinavian Holidays Home with Beaverton's Scandia Imports
- Cozy Up with Portland's Best Hot Chocolate