The Hen Night Epiphany
A hen night (an Irish term for “bachelorette party”) may be the last place anyone would look for an epiphany, but in this play from award-winning Irish scribe Jimmy Murphy a weekend in a cabin turns serious (but still funny) when secrets start to unravel.
Hen Night is one of four Irish plays opening in May and June, offering a local PhD of sorts in Irish Lit. That’s a lot of craic to take in, however, so if you’re feeling a bit out of your depth, here are a few things to know about Irish theatrical tradition to help you make sense of it all.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Apr 23–26