Sam Lipsyte: The Fun Parts
Sam Lipsyte—whom The New York Times called the "novelist of his generation" and whom Time magazine said "everyone should read"—comes to Powell's to read from his new and hilarious collection of short stories, The Fun Parts. Read our interview with the author.
Returning to the form in which he began, Sam Lipsyte, author of the New York Times bestseller The Ask, offers up stories about a grizzled and possibly deranged male birth doula, a doomsday hustler about to face the multi-universal truth of "the real-ass jumbo," and a tawdry glimpse of the northern New Jersey high school shot-putting circuit, circa 1986, among other characters. These are just a few of the stories, some first published in The New Yorker, The Paris Review, and Playboy, that unfold in Lipsyte's richly imagined world.
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- An Ambitious Custom Home in Vancouver (?!) Shows What the 'Burbs Could Be
- The Blazers' Guide to Portland
- Justin Timberlake: Bringing Classy Back
- Portland Monthly's Best Bar 2014: Pepe Le Moko