The Decemberists: V Is for Victory
It's been several years since Portland’s most literate band of rockers graced a local stage, so it seems only fitting that, for their return, they will play their now classic album, Castaways & Cutouts, in its entirety in this "V is for Victory" fundraiser for the Victory Academy School for Children with Autism (a cause close to the band, as bandleader Colin Meloy's son has autism). Laura Veirs opens Thursday, Sallie Ford Friday. Both shows are sold out, but if you search hard enough, we suspect you, too, can declare victory.
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Make Pok Pok's Famous Wings at Home
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland this January
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- Academic Success, Hunger Games-Style?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Jan 29–Feb 1