Herstory/History: The Children's Hour and The Boys in the Band
Defunkt Theatre presents a pair of plays depicting the unhappy state of affairs faced by gay men and women in pre-enlightened 20th century America. In Lillian Hellman's The Children's Hour, a scheming boarding school student brands the two women who run her school as lesbians, and in Mart Crowley's The Boys in the Band, a group of affluent (and increasingly intoxicated) gay men taunt and challenge each other to come out of the closet. Both plays are directed by former ART regular Jon Kretzu.
Note: The Boys in the Band is being staged "on location" at a private residence, and The Children's Hour is at Back Door Theatre.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- 16 Perfect Trails for Exploring Mount St. Helens
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Portland News to Chew
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Portland's 10 Best Salads