Herstory/History: The Children's Hour and The Boys in the Band
Defunkt Theatre presents a pair of plays depicting the unhappy state of affairs faced by gay men and women in pre-enlightened 20th century America. In Lillian Hellman's The Children's Hour, a scheming boarding school student brands the two women who run her school as lesbians, and in Mart Crowley's The Boys in the Band, a group of affluent (and increasingly intoxicated) gay men taunt and challenge each other to come out of the closet. Both plays are directed by former ART regular Jon Kretzu.
Note: The Boys in the Band is being staged "on location" at a private residence, and The Children's Hour is at Back Door Theatre.
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 16-19
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Northwest Pumpkin Patches
- How Oregonians Really Feel About Wine
- Opening Date and Menu Details for Northwest Portland’s Le Vieux
- Trail of the Month: Indian Heaven Trail No. 33
- A New Wood-Fired Pizzeria, Fire and Stone, to Open in Northeast Portland