Herstory/History: The Children's Hour and The Boys in the Band
Defunkt Theatre presents a pair of plays depicting the unhappy state of affairs faced by gay men and women in pre-enlightened 20th century America. In Lillian Hellman's The Children's Hour, a scheming boarding school student brands the two women who run her school as lesbians, and in Mart Crowley's The Boys in the Band, a group of affluent (and increasingly intoxicated) gay men taunt and challenge each other to come out of the closet. Both plays are directed by former ART regular Jon Kretzu.
Note: The Boys in the Band is being staged "on location" at a private residence, and The Children's Hour is at Back Door Theatre.
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Behold Sunriver Resort's $50 Million Facelift
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Wildfang Launches the Coolest Ad Campaign of the Year
- Jacobsen Salt Buys Out Bee Local
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Mar 26–29
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014