The Both: Aimee Mann and Ted Leo
Oscar-nominated singer-songwriter Mann: "I'm like this flowery waif bird and, you're like a gnarled tree."
Hook-happy punk-vet Leo: "Then I was like, 'Come, land on my branch, and we'll make the music of the forest.'"
That's one explanation given on stage by these two very different musicians for why they came together, but it also illustrates a different point: they're winning raves as much for their charming and hilarious stage banter as for their musical prowess, which is saying something.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald