The Both: Aimee Mann and Ted Leo
Oscar-nominated singer-songwriter Mann: "I'm like this flowery waif bird and, you're like a gnarled tree."
Hook-happy punk-vet Leo: "Then I was like, 'Come, land on my branch, and we'll make the music of the forest.'"
That's one explanation given on stage by these two very different musicians for why they came together, but it also illustrates a different point: they're winning raves as much for their charming and hilarious stage banter as for their musical prowess, which is saying something.
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Nov 20–23
- Cheryl Strayed Talks About Filming 'Wild' with Reese Witherspoon (And Meeting Channing Tatum)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- A New Mayan Restaurant Is Taking Over Little T Every Sunday