The Book of Mormon
Features:Price: For ticket prices, visit website.
This Broadway sensation and winner of nine Tonys, including best musical, is Portland’s hottest ticket in recent memory. Concocted by a dream team of South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker and Avenue Q cocreator Robert Lopez, the musical comedy skewers organized religion (and the musical form itself) through a story about several Mormon missionaries who go like babes in the woods to spread the good word in Uganda, only to run up against female-phobic warlords, resolutely secular natives, and their own doubts.
From PoMo's review: "It’s quite simply the most fun I’ve ever had at a musical—a nonstop barrage of killer one-liners, skewered pop culture morsels, high kicks, and cheesy Biblical reenactments that leaves the mind scandalized and the belly sore from laughter." Read the rest.
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- Cheryl Strayed Talks About Filming 'Wild' with Reese Witherspoon (And Meeting Channing Tatum)
- A New Mayan Restaurant Is Taking Over Little T Every Sunday
- Inside Kyra's Bake Shop's New and Improved Gluten-Free Bakery
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Nov 20–23
- Thanksgiving in Portland: Dine Out
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots