The Book of Mormon
Features:Price: For ticket prices, visit website.
This Broadway sensation and winner of nine Tonys, including best musical, is Portland’s hottest ticket in recent memory. Concocted by a dream team of South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker and Avenue Q cocreator Robert Lopez, the musical comedy skewers organized religion (and the musical form itself) through a story about several Mormon missionaries who go like babes in the woods to spread the good word in Uganda, only to run up against female-phobic warlords, resolutely secular natives, and their own doubts.
From PoMo's review: "It’s quite simply the most fun I’ve ever had at a musical—a nonstop barrage of killer one-liners, skewered pop culture morsels, high kicks, and cheesy Biblical reenactments that leaves the mind scandalized and the belly sore from laughter." Read the rest.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Hotel from Twin Peaks Is Offering a Package for Superfans