The Book of Mormon
Features:Price: For ticket prices, visit website.
This Broadway sensation and winner of nine Tonys, including best musical, is Portland’s hottest ticket in recent memory. Concocted by a dream team of South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker and Avenue Q cocreator Robert Lopez, the musical comedy skewers organized religion (and the musical form itself) through a story about several Mormon missionaries who go like babes in the woods to spread the good word in Uganda, only to run up against female-phobic warlords, resolutely secular natives, and their own doubts.
From PoMo's review: "It’s quite simply the most fun I’ve ever had at a musical—a nonstop barrage of killer one-liners, skewered pop culture morsels, high kicks, and cheesy Biblical reenactments that leaves the mind scandalized and the belly sore from laughter." Read the rest.
- The 10 Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings of 2015
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- This Portland Woman’s Travel Group is Taking Off
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Jan 22–25
- A Brief History of the PDX Airport Carpet
- Davenport Goes Pop-Up: Five Nights, Five Chefs, Five Menus
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX