The Book of Mormon
Features:Price: For ticket prices, visit website.
This Broadway sensation and winner of nine Tonys, including best musical, is Portland’s hottest ticket in recent memory. Concocted by a dream team of South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker and Avenue Q cocreator Robert Lopez, the musical comedy skewers organized religion (and the musical form itself) through a story about several Mormon missionaries who go like babes in the woods to spread the good word in Uganda, only to run up against female-phobic warlords, resolutely secular natives, and their own doubts.
From PoMo's review: "It’s quite simply the most fun I’ve ever had at a musical—a nonstop barrage of killer one-liners, skewered pop culture morsels, high kicks, and cheesy Biblical reenactments that leaves the mind scandalized and the belly sore from laughter." Read the rest.
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- A Native Portlander Returns to Find Her Hometown Radically Transformed
- Best Bets for Portland Dining Month
- Portlanders Share Stories of Their Worst Dates Ever
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Rental Market Madness
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland