Hot-ticket New York–based playwright Christina Anderson has evidently done her homework on our state’s troubling racial history: echoes of the Vanport flood ring clearly in the plot of her Portland Playhouse–commissioned work about an Oregon town that is destroyed by a fire, then rebuilt without its black residents.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Apr 23–26