Hot-ticket New York–based playwright Christina Anderson has evidently done her homework on our state’s troubling racial history: echoes of the Vanport flood ring clearly in the plot of her Portland Playhouse–commissioned work about an Oregon town that is destroyed by a fire, then rebuilt without its black residents.
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Your Hood River Fruit Loop Field Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- The Ultimate Guide to Northwest Pumpkin Patches