Hot-ticket New York–based playwright Christina Anderson has evidently done her homework on our state’s troubling racial history: echoes of the Vanport flood ring clearly in the plot of her Portland Playhouse–commissioned work about an Oregon town that is destroyed by a fire, then rebuilt without its black residents.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- How Michelle Lesniak Stole FashioNXT