Astor Piazzolla elevated tango instrumentation beyond its Argentian grassroots, composing passionate music pulsing with energy that incorporates jazz and classical elements. For these two shows, the Portland-based quintet Tango Pacifico joins with the Oregon Symphony, singer Pepe Raphael, and virtuoso tango dancers Eva Lucero and Patricio Touceda to bring Piazzolo’s work to life.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald