Astor Piazzolla elevated tango instrumentation beyond its Argentian grassroots, composing passionate music pulsing with energy that incorporates jazz and classical elements. For these two shows, the Portland-based quintet Tango Pacifico joins with the Oregon Symphony, singer Pepe Raphael, and virtuoso tango dancers Eva Lucero and Patricio Touceda to bring Piazzolo’s work to life.
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Ultimate Summer Day Trips
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Nong to Compete on Chopped "Food Truck Fight"
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Maurice is One of Bon Appétit's Top 10 New Restaurants in America