Astor Piazzolla elevated tango instrumentation beyond its Argentian grassroots, composing passionate music pulsing with energy that incorporates jazz and classical elements. For these two shows, the Portland-based quintet Tango Pacifico joins with the Oregon Symphony, singer Pepe Raphael, and virtuoso tango dancers Eva Lucero and Patricio Touceda to bring Piazzolo’s work to life.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Hotel from Twin Peaks Is Offering a Package for Superfans