Sweet and Sad
Last season, Third Rail Rep’s That Hopey Changey Thing introduced us to the Apple family, the fictional clan at the center of a four-play series by Tony winner Richard Nelson. Sweet and Sad picks up with the family while they gather for a memorial service on the 10th anniversary of September 11.
"Third Rail Repertory’s Sweet and Sad, is, of course, sweet and sad. It’s also funny, well-acted, and at times grating. Which, in varying combinations, probably sums up most families....While the humor, drama, and astute depictions still ring true [from Hopey Changey], I’m delighted to report that Sweet and Sad, named for a line from Walt Whitman's poem 'The Wound Dresser,' serves up much higher stakes." Read our full review.
- The Latest in Portland Arts News—Anthony Bourdain is Portland-Bound!
- Wake Up to Portland's Best Breakfast Sandwiches
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- 5 Reasons to Look Forward to Portland's Newest Sundae Shop
- Big Money Moments in Portland Real Estate
- Barbecue Deluxe at Smokehouse Tavern
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts