The Suffering Grasses: Art and Nonviolent Resistance in Syria
There is a proverb that states: "When elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers." This documentary is a rare glimpse into the Syrian Uprising and the lives of its civilians, the grass beneath the trampling feet of the Syrian Army and the rebel fighters, suffering under sanctions, consistent fighting, and uncertainity. In spite of the the daily violence in Syria, there is still strong nonviolent resistance amid the chaos. Following the film, will be a panel discussion, questions, and even a little entertainment from hip-hop artist Omar Offendum.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Oregon's Best State Parks
- Top Things To Do This Weekend: Sept 18-21