The Suffering Grasses: Art and Nonviolent Resistance in Syria
There is a proverb that states: "When elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers." This documentary is a rare glimpse into the Syrian Uprising and the lives of its civilians, the grass beneath the trampling feet of the Syrian Army and the rebel fighters, suffering under sanctions, consistent fighting, and uncertainity. In spite of the the daily violence in Syria, there is still strong nonviolent resistance amid the chaos. Following the film, will be a panel discussion, questions, and even a little entertainment from hip-hop artist Omar Offendum.
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- North Pearl: Going Up?
- TEDxRecap: 6 Videos to Watch