The Suffering Grasses: Art and Nonviolent Resistance in Syria
There is a proverb that states: "When elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers." This documentary is a rare glimpse into the Syrian Uprising and the lives of its civilians, the grass beneath the trampling feet of the Syrian Army and the rebel fighters, suffering under sanctions, consistent fighting, and uncertainity. In spite of the the daily violence in Syria, there is still strong nonviolent resistance amid the chaos. Following the film, will be a panel discussion, questions, and even a little entertainment from hip-hop artist Omar Offendum.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: May 21–24
- Portland's 10 Best Salads