The Suffering Grasses: Art and Nonviolent Resistance in Syria
There is a proverb that states: "When elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers." This documentary is a rare glimpse into the Syrian Uprising and the lives of its civilians, the grass beneath the trampling feet of the Syrian Army and the rebel fighters, suffering under sanctions, consistent fighting, and uncertainity. In spite of the the daily violence in Syria, there is still strong nonviolent resistance amid the chaos. Following the film, will be a panel discussion, questions, and even a little entertainment from hip-hop artist Omar Offendum.
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland's 10 Best Guilt-Free Dishes