The Suffering Grasses: Art and Nonviolent Resistance in Syria
There is a proverb that states: "When elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers." This documentary is a rare glimpse into the Syrian Uprising and the lives of its civilians, the grass beneath the trampling feet of the Syrian Army and the rebel fighters, suffering under sanctions, consistent fighting, and uncertainity. In spite of the the daily violence in Syria, there is still strong nonviolent resistance amid the chaos. Following the film, will be a panel discussion, questions, and even a little entertainment from hip-hop artist Omar Offendum.
- The Latest in Portland Arts News—Anthony Bourdain is Portland-Bound!
- Wake Up to Portland's Best Breakfast Sandwiches
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Barbecue Deluxe at Smokehouse Tavern
- Big Money Moments in Portland Real Estate
- Back to Eden Brings Food Cart “Cottage” to Southeast Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts