Oregon Symphony: Strauss's Four Last Songs
The symphony countenances Death’s gaping maw—and goes peacefully. Following a prologue of sorts in the form of Richard Strauss’s tone poem Death and Transfiguration, Carlos Kalmar conducts the composer’s last finished work: an autumnal quartet of art songs (three of them set to Hermann Hesse poems) that the German Romantic composer didn’t live to see performed.
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- 16 Perfect Trails for Exploring Mount St. Helens
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- Portland's 10 Best Salads
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland News to Chew
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland Brunch
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!