Oregon Symphony: Strauss's Four Last Songs
The symphony countenances Death’s gaping maw—and goes peacefully. Following a prologue of sorts in the form of Richard Strauss’s tone poem Death and Transfiguration, Carlos Kalmar conducts the composer’s last finished work: an autumnal quartet of art songs (three of them set to Hermann Hesse poems) that the German Romantic composer didn’t live to see performed.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Devouring Portland's Hottest Brunch Spots
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates