Oregon Symphony: Strauss's Four Last Songs
The symphony countenances Death’s gaping maw—and goes peacefully. Following a prologue of sorts in the form of Richard Strauss’s tone poem Death and Transfiguration, Carlos Kalmar conducts the composer’s last finished work: an autumnal quartet of art songs (three of them set to Hermann Hesse poems) that the German Romantic composer didn’t live to see performed.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Oregon's Best State Parks
- Oregon's Best State Parks for Day Trippers
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops