Features:Price: $8-10 (Age 1 & under free)
"If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk." - from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff. This and six other classic, much-loved picture books are the focus of the Portland Children's Museum main show running through May 5. Graphic elements from each book have been grown 3D and life size to enthrall the youngest readers, transforming their bedtime tales into a walkable, daytime reality, if only few a few hours. The exhibit has a strong literacy advocacy component, turning kids on to the power of reading and stories with letters the size of chairs and an interactive display that lets kids crunch crunch crunch though the snow, just like Peter on his Snowy Day walk. Museum admission free 4-8pm on the first Friday of each month.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- Carrie Brownstein on Lena Dunham, 'Girls,' and 'Portlandia'
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants