Features:Price: $8-10 (Age 1 & under free)
"If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk." - from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff. This and six other classic, much-loved picture books are the focus of the Portland Children's Museum main show running through May 5. Graphic elements from each book have been grown 3D and life size to enthrall the youngest readers, transforming their bedtime tales into a walkable, daytime reality, if only few a few hours. The exhibit has a strong literacy advocacy component, turning kids on to the power of reading and stories with letters the size of chairs and an interactive display that lets kids crunch crunch crunch though the snow, just like Peter on his Snowy Day walk. Museum admission free 4-8pm on the first Friday of each month.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Hotel from Twin Peaks Is Offering a Package for Superfans