Features:Price: $8-10 (Age 1 & under free)
"If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk." - from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff. This and six other classic, much-loved picture books are the focus of the Portland Children's Museum main show running through May 5. Graphic elements from each book have been grown 3D and life size to enthrall the youngest readers, transforming their bedtime tales into a walkable, daytime reality, if only few a few hours. The exhibit has a strong literacy advocacy component, turning kids on to the power of reading and stories with letters the size of chairs and an interactive display that lets kids crunch crunch crunch though the snow, just like Peter on his Snowy Day walk. Museum admission free 4-8pm on the first Friday of each month.
- The Latest in Portland Arts News—Anthony Bourdain is Portland-Bound!
- Wake Up to Portland's Best Breakfast Sandwiches
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- 5 Reasons to Look Forward to Portland's Newest Sundae Shop
- Big Money Moments in Portland Real Estate
- Barbecue Deluxe at Smokehouse Tavern
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts