Steve Kuhn Trio
Presented as part of the Portland Jazz Festival, running Feb. 15-24. Steve Kuhn, an ECM Records veteran of 35 years, will be joined for this occasion by his longtime rhythm ace Joey Baron, veteran bass stalwart Buster Williams, and special guest Devin Phillips in a nod to Kuhn’s brief 1960 association with John Coltrane. Kuhn has earned his place as one of the most lyrical and affecting pianists in jazz, with an unfailingly beautiful touch and a sophisticated sense of swing. His credits are impeccable and range from associations with Stan Getz, Chet Baker and Coleman Hawkins to Ornette Coleman, Don Cherry and Kenny Dorham.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald