Steve Kuhn Trio
Presented as part of the Portland Jazz Festival, running Feb. 15-24. Steve Kuhn, an ECM Records veteran of 35 years, will be joined for this occasion by his longtime rhythm ace Joey Baron, veteran bass stalwart Buster Williams, and special guest Devin Phillips in a nod to Kuhn’s brief 1960 association with John Coltrane. Kuhn has earned his place as one of the most lyrical and affecting pianists in jazz, with an unfailingly beautiful touch and a sophisticated sense of swing. His credits are impeccable and range from associations with Stan Getz, Chet Baker and Coleman Hawkins to Ornette Coleman, Don Cherry and Kenny Dorham.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: May 21–24
- Portland's 10 Best Salads