Somewhere in Time
We have to admit: we’re a little skeptical of the necessity of a musical adaptation of the time-traveling romance Somewhere in Time. Originally a novel by Richard Matheson (I Am Legend, What Dreams May Come), the story about a playwright who travels back in time to find his love was turned into the 1980 film that allowed Christopher Reeve to outgrow his Superman tights.
But Portland Center Stage has lured an all-star cast and crew to town for its world premiere. The musical’s director, choreographer, and three leads all have Broadway cred, including three Tony nominations for actor Marc Kudisch (9 to 5, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) and two for choreographer John Carrafa (Urinetown, Into the Woods). This production is a test run for bigger stages in the future, so if it ends up on Broadway, you can say our skepticism was misplaced.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads