Somewhere in Time
We have to admit: we’re a little skeptical of the necessity of a musical adaptation of the time-traveling romance Somewhere in Time. Originally a novel by Richard Matheson (I Am Legend, What Dreams May Come), the story about a playwright who travels back in time to find his love was turned into the 1980 film that allowed Christopher Reeve to outgrow his Superman tights.
But Portland Center Stage has lured an all-star cast and crew to town for its world premiere. The musical’s director, choreographer, and three leads all have Broadway cred, including three Tony nominations for actor Marc Kudisch (9 to 5, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) and two for choreographer John Carrafa (Urinetown, Into the Woods). This production is a test run for bigger stages in the future, so if it ends up on Broadway, you can say our skepticism was misplaced.
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Behold Sunriver Resort's $50 Million Facelift
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Wildfang Launches the Coolest Ad Campaign of the Year
- Jacobsen Salt Buys Out Bee Local
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Mar 26–29
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014