Somewhere in Time
We have to admit: we’re a little skeptical of the necessity of a musical adaptation of the time-traveling romance Somewhere in Time. Originally a novel by Richard Matheson (I Am Legend, What Dreams May Come), the story about a playwright who travels back in time to find his love was turned into the 1980 film that allowed Christopher Reeve to outgrow his Superman tights.
But Portland Center Stage has lured an all-star cast and crew to town for its world premiere. The musical’s director, choreographer, and three leads all have Broadway cred, including three Tony nominations for actor Marc Kudisch (9 to 5, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) and two for choreographer John Carrafa (Urinetown, Into the Woods). This production is a test run for bigger stages in the future, so if it ends up on Broadway, you can say our skepticism was misplaced.
- The Latest in Portland Arts News—Anthony Bourdain is Portland-Bound!
- 5 Reasons to Look Forward to Portland's Newest Sundae Shop
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Wake Up to Portland's Best Breakfast Sandwiches
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Hot Travel Links: The Coolest Camper Ever, Airbus's Sadistic Plan, and a Fried Chicken Roadtrip
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes