Somewhere in Time
We have to admit: we’re a little skeptical of the necessity of a musical adaptation of the time-traveling romance Somewhere in Time. Originally a novel by Richard Matheson (I Am Legend, What Dreams May Come), the story about a playwright who travels back in time to find his love was turned into the 1980 film that allowed Christopher Reeve to outgrow his Superman tights.
But Portland Center Stage has lured an all-star cast and crew to town for its world premiere. The musical’s director, choreographer, and three leads all have Broadway cred, including three Tony nominations for actor Marc Kudisch (9 to 5, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) and two for choreographer John Carrafa (Urinetown, Into the Woods). This production is a test run for bigger stages in the future, so if it ends up on Broadway, you can say our skepticism was misplaced.
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- Cheryl Strayed Talks About Filming 'Wild' with Reese Witherspoon (And Meeting Channing Tatum)
- A New Mayan Restaurant Is Taking Over Little T Every Sunday
- Inside Kyra's Bake Shop's New and Improved Gluten-Free Bakery
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Nov 20–23
- Thanksgiving in Portland: Dine Out
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots