Shostakovich's Violin Concerto no. 2
Aptly, a Russian violin virtuoso, Mikhail Simonyan, will lead the symphony in performing his compatriot’s final concerto. Although rarer than Shostakovich’s first violin concerto, the piece still bears the much-censored Soviet-era composer’s melodically innovative, softly mocking signature. Eugene Tzigane, the Northwest German Philharmonic’s chief conductor, fills in for Carlos Kalmar.
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- The Last Energy Bar Recipe You'll Ever Need
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- Damian Lillard Unveils His Adidas Shoe