Shostakovich's Violin Concerto no. 2
Aptly, a Russian violin virtuoso, Mikhail Simonyan, will lead the symphony in performing his compatriot’s final concerto. Although rarer than Shostakovich’s first violin concerto, the piece still bears the much-censored Soviet-era composer’s melodically innovative, softly mocking signature. Eugene Tzigane, the Northwest German Philharmonic’s chief conductor, fills in for Carlos Kalmar.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Sustainable Grilling at Bamboo Izakaya
- Portland's 10 Best Guilt-Free Dishes